Sunday 29 August 2010

Day 241 - Mile 236

Sunday called for lunch and a stroll with Alice. Alice is my cousin's partner, and if I had to chose family she would definitely be on the list! We have both been really busy with work and the events that life has thrown at us over the last few months and we hadn't actually properly talked to each other since before I went on holiday! and that was 2 and a half months ago!

We headed out for lunch at the Roundhay Fox followed by a stroll around the park. A lady in the pub commented on how beautiful my name was and that she new it as a name for pigeon..... she corrected herself saying dove... you call it a dove!!! Just what I need, attacked by a squirrel one day and being called a bloody pigeon the next.... what will tomorrow bring!

It seems the walk was just what we both needed, talking, walking and being blown around a bit by the wind. Alice never fails to make me laugh, and says that she shall write my tragic squirrel incident into a script! I may even end up wearing it as a hat - bloody squirrel!

Anyway, a lovely walk, a few random pictures here and I completely forgot to take one of Alice and I - oh well that's an excuse to go out again!

Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment