Sunday 8 August 2010

Day 219 - Miles 210 - 213

Saturday was planned to be a nice relaxing day, however plans don't normally work out that way! I ended up getting up to go to work for 8am, to try to get my work done so that I could be in town to watch my cousin Mae in her first rock gig. Charlotte and I worked hard to get the work done and I finally ran out of the office at 10.45 to get into town for the gig. Good job I have been jogging, as after I parked the car, I dashed through the streets to The Wardrobe just in time to go into the gig!

After a great few hours with family and friends watching all these talented children perform, I headed out to Cleckheaton for a walk with Mandi, Ellie, Lois and Jo their dog. Mandi's husband was away for a golf weekend, so we had planned this as a nice walk with the girls and the dog followed by dinner and a go in their hot tub! Yummy!

We walked through the streets to Gomersal (where Ellie pointed out the tallest ever gate.... what are they hiding???), through the park where there was lots of mining back in t'day! There is a lovely miner sculpture right opposites the park. Ellie and Lois had a bit of a play, before we headed up to Oakwell Hall for a cup of tea for Mandi and I, and ice creams for the girls. After we had our break... which turned out to be a bit smell as they were unblocking the drain (was this really necessary on a busy Saturday at the cafe?), we headed around the ponds, through the woods and up to the viewing platform. You can see for miles and miles from here, and monkey girl Lois found several trees to climb! Both of the girls remind me of me at various points in my life and are definitely a pleasure to be with! Especially as they kept the dog in hand whenever he saw another dog, as he gets so excited and barks and wants to play!



Back down from the top we headed back through the woods, over streams, and under branches before a quick stop at the park.... for more playing.... and swinging for the girls... and back through the streets to home. We all guessed how far we had walked.... Mandi at 2 miles, Lois between 2.5 and 3, Ellie over 3 but not as far as 4 and me at 4 miles. I taught Ellie how to plot our route when we got back on http://www.walkjogrun.net/ and I was right!! Well I do have a bit more practice at guessing how far routes are!




After dinner and a relax in the hot tub I headed home on my way to cat sit for Nat and Chris. As I drove down their drive I said to myself... "What a lovely family!"

See the photo's here....


Hope you are all having a lovely weekend,




Love Iona x




No comments:

Post a Comment