Sunday 8 August 2010

Day 220 - Mile 214


Trina and I decided that as it is less than 2 weeks until we swim a mile in a lake in Scotland that we ought to get into the cold water and get ourselves a bit acclimatised!

As we drove out there the sky was full of black clouds, we were a bit nervous but then if it rained we were planning on getting wet anyway! After a quick change we were on the side of the pool looking into the clear water. There wasn't many people in the pool, probably due to the black clouds but it meant that we had lots of space to ourselves.

Trina got in first and started swimming... I was a little more reluctant.... but after we were in and swimming it wasn't too bad! Cold but not freezing. I decided that the key was to keep swimming until I finished the mile! Swimming one lane front crawl and one breaststroke I soon warmed up and was counting the lengths til it was time to get out into the warm air!!!

I sneakily took the camera in after I had finished and was waiting for Trina to finish her mile.....really like the pictures.... here/

Love Iona x
365milesi365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment