Sunday 15 August 2010

Day 227 part 1 - Mile 220

What a glorious sunny Sunday to go and get used to our wetsuits at the Lido! Trina collected me before 9.30 and we were the first ones in the Lido when it opened.

The sun shone through clear water, as we set about our mile training for today. I had forgotten my ear-plugs which made my swim a bit annoying as I kept feeling water in my ears! People take the mick out of my wearing ear plugs, but since I started I haven't had earache at all, got to be worth it I think!

As we plowed through the first few lengths, several people joined us. Some in wetsuits, down to one girl who had a bearly decent bikini on! By the time it was 10.30, the lane swim was quite full with about 10 people in all jostling for the space that it laned off. It's only a small space as the pool itself is a peculiar shape, more designed for fun swimming than serious swimming.

As I got out I check he watch and it had taken me about 40 mins. Not too bad for cold water! I poured myself a hot vimto from our flask, and turned to a man sitting next to our stuff. He wasn't very well at all, had got in in his wetsuit, swum a few lengths and felt really sick. I revived him with some hot vimto and talked to him until his friend joined him. They are both swimming in Scotland next weekend too, so I hope he can get used to the cold before then!

Trina finished after me, but I am sure she swam over a mile... she did admit that she lost count at one point! Unfortunately I forgot my camera so there are no pictures for this blog, sorry!

Love Iona x
365milesin365day@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment