Thursday 2 December 2010

Day 336 - Miles 318-319


After being sent home from work yesterday due to the snow, and a 2 hour drive home I couldn't bring myself to go out again for a walk, so I hid inside and slept!


This morning after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, the decision was that I would stay at home until lunchtime and await the call to go in if necessary. So I decided that good walk in the snow was in order. After all you have to get some pleasure from this weather, not just annoyance from people driving too close to you!

It was really lovely going out, the snow was still crisp underfoot and glistening in the sunshine. I headed down the road, past the park and onto the canal. The only point in the whole walk that I nearly slipped over was crossing the bridge onto the canal. It was such a lovely sight seeing 2 canal boats with their chimneys going, keeping warm in this wintering weather.

The poor birds only had a small bit of water to swim on but they seemed to be making the most of it! The swans were breaking the ice and pushing their way through!

On the way up the hill home, it was clear who has decided not to go into work by the layers on snow on their cars, and the people who have been out for a bit by the thick brown sludge on theirs! When the snow goes I think there will be a lot of car cleaning going on!

Snowy pictures here...

Hope you are all warm and happy,

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment