Wednesday 8 December 2010

Day 342 - Mile 324


So.... I had intended to get up and go swimming at 7am this morning..... hummmm that didn't happen! It is so cold at the moment, even though I had everything ready by the door to make my exit a swift one, that when my alarm went off, I found it hard to get out of my warm snuggley bed and get up!

I did however pack my swim bag into the hire car so that I could go after work. It felt very strange walking across the car park to go swimming in my wellies - not swimming IN my wellies that would be silly! The car parks were frosty and there was lots of snow still on the ground, I was quite thankful when I got into the leisure centre.

It was nice to swim, I love it, I can not think of life without the ability to swim! The only problem was getting out! The pool and the poolside were warm, but the changing rooms seem to have a massive draft running throughout - brrrrrrr!

I did make sure I took the time to dry my hair before heading back out into the cold - even though my hair is getting a bit long for this swimming!

See pictures here...

I am going to try to swim at least 2 times next week to get some miles in, and plan to do some walking at the weekend - hopefully!

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment