Sunday 12 December 2010

Day 346 - Miles 325-329


Well what a lovely Sunday I have had! Lazy morning followed by a walk, torchlight parade and carols, followed by a carol service, out for dinner and now home - as I said - Lovely!

I have had quite a busy and stressful few days after I came home from work to find Police in my house and Katy on the phone to the locksmith after we had been burgled! Thankfully we were both out, no one was hurt and the alarm went off so they didn't take much! Saturday was spent sorting more locks and insurance folowed by Calum's pirate birthday party which made that day a bit more enjoyable!

I'm not one to sit around an wallow, well not for long anyway, so today was a day for enjoyment!
Trina and I set out to Haworth after lunch and headed out onto the moors into Bonte country! After a quick trip to the toilets we were off. There was some upmarket graffiti "Live a life of splendor", good advice if you ask me! It really was a good day to be out there, there were heavy clouds and the rain was just at bay! I have never ventured out on the moors here before but will definitely be doing more so in the future. It was still quiet cold up there as you will see from the pictures, puddles and the old quarry lake were frozen. You can see out to the reservoir and across to some of Yorkshire's finest fields from the top, there was a bench in memory of "Jackie" - in a great spot, obviously someone special.

After wandering around (me calling Heathcliffe!, Trina cringing and laughing at me!) we headed back down towards Howarth village for some Christmas treats. The light was going, the Christmas lights were sparkling and there was a buzz in the air as we all waited for the torchlight parade to start.

It was brilliant - definitely something to become a tradition of mine and Trina's. The torches were lit, the carol sheets handed out and the safety warning given - much to the annoyance of the Beagle (old name for policeman apparently). We headed up the hill with torches, topping and singing carols at various points. Lots of people parading and many more watching from shops, pubs and cafes. I love singing!

We finally arrived at the church where the people that were going to church were ushered through the crowd so that we could fine our seats and prepare for the carol service, it was a lovely way to end a great day - more singing, a good sermon, readings and more........ I realise that I have mentioned this before but for someone who is not religious, I seem to have spent alot for time in church recently!

Lots of lovely pictures here...

Hope you have all had a great weekend,

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment