Wednesday 29 December 2010

Day 363 - Miles 349-352


This morning I needed to run a few errands and rather than jumping into the car and nipping over to Pusdey, I decided to walk. It's surprising how unappealing everything looked this morning after the lovely white snow everywhere. It was quite hard to take good pictures too as there was a heavy mist over the area.

I headed out along past the park and onto Stanningley Road, underneath the Arches and into Pudsey. I really like Pudsey, it still has the small market town feel about it and it has most of the things that you need..... well it had all that I needed this morning.

First to the green grocers to get some veg for the next few days - I spotted some lovely Clementines in a tray.... I am a sucker for patterns! Then to visit Pudsey Bear who lives in the Town Hall, I really wanted to take a picture for everyone who doesn't believe that sometimes I drive home just to catch a glimpse of the 7 foot Pusdey Bear - however the dirty windows and the light made it hard!
A quick trip to the bank to pay in cheques for the charities I am doing this for (many thanks and to those who have sent money through paypal.... every little helps as they say!) , and then to get a few more bits... bread for lunch and pastry to make mince pies......

See pictures here...

I managed to get home in good time and have decided that if I only want a few things in the future I shall be walking to Pudsey!

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment