Tuesday 28 December 2010

Day 362 - Miles 347-348


Today we all headed over to Corin, Jen and Harper's new house in Marple for more sorting and a bit of DIY. Obviously someone has to look after Harper all of the time, so I took him out for a walk for a bit so that the others could crack on. It was pretty miserable weather, so I donned my Mac and Harpers pram was kitted out for all weather!

We headed out into the centre of Marple, past the old fashioned cinema and onto the Canal. There is a stretch here which has many, many locks, so we got on at number 13 and exited at number 7. I really like canals and the mechanical-ness of the lock workings. It amazing to think that these locks have been here for years, a small piece of metal is enough to open the workings to fill and empty masses of water to enable the barges to rise and fall up or down the locks.

It was evident that the canal has been very frozen, with ice skating ducks and some frozen locks. We exited the canals after a brief period of very slippy ice under water underfoot and headed back towards the highstreet. Not knowing completely where I was going I just kept going exploring until it seemed like we were heading in the right direction.

Finally we were passing the fire station and back on the highstreet heading towards home for a warm cup of coffee! I was completely drenched, Harper was fast asleep, but we had a good walk and were back in the land of warm and cosy rooms!

See the photos here...

If you are reading this, then please spare a few pounds to donate..... as that is the whole point of this. Dexter's Wish - a charity raising money to help families with children who need support during their difficult illnesses, and MacMillan Cancer Support are both charities that are close to my heart... so please... if you have a few spare pounds send them our way.

I have 3 days and 17 miles to go - we I make it?

Many thanks, Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment