Tuesday 5 January 2010

Day 5 Part Two - Miles 7-8




Tonight I did something that I kept meaning to do last year, and never got round to it....... and that was walking up the high street in Farsley (where I live) to take photo's of the lovely simple Christmas Lights.

I started off from home and immediately felt calm walking in the snow. The peacefulness that snow brings is overwhelming.

I only intended to take pictures of the lights, but kept seeing things that deserved a photo. One lady in my street had made such a lovely snowman, with lanterns (see photo link below), I just had to take a picture. She came out to speak to me and was so pleased that her snowman was being appreciated.

The walk took me down Coal Hill Lane and along to the High street. It really was lovely walking up the high street, photographing the Christmas Tree and Christmas lights before they get taken down. I walked down over the park and through the snickets back home, at one point it was like walking through Narnia!

I hope you enjoy the photo's as much I did taking them, see Day 5 for more pictures

and
http://www.nephroid.com/~iona/ to donate to the charities that I am embarking on this endurance for.

Many thanks for reading and please keep in touch!

Love Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment