Sunday 24 January 2010

Day 24 Part One, Miles 13-15


Photo's now uploaded Day 24

I am having a great time in London, and spent yesterday going to the British Library to see a photography exhibition, seeing Chicago and eating rather too much. Rowena and I decided Sunday was the day for some miles.

So, after convincing Rowena's gym that I was a candidate for "looking around", we set of off the walk, over Clapham Common. Lots of families out generally making the most of the weather - no rain yet - and sports teams using the great facility that are the many commons around London.

The trees are still showing the harshness of winter and spring has not sprung here yet. I bought Rowena some Daffodils yesteday, as I was determined it was spring.

The swimming pool was very strange, being made from Stainless Steel, and much shorter than the 50m pool I normally swim in. It was a bit like swimming around a goldfish bowl. It was oddly beautiful experience though, as the light from the glass roof and the spotlights in the pool made amazing reflections as you swim and the water makes the light refracts in so many different ways.

On our way home we stopped by to watch Lorrie (Rowena's boyfriend) and his frisby team playing on the common. It was interesting to watch 'Ultimate Frisby', and there seemed to be alot of staring out going on, as well as runnining, jumping, throwing and catching!

Please email me while I am away,
Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

http://www.nephroid.com/~iona/ to donate to the charities that I am embarking on this endurance for.

No comments:

Post a Comment