Friday 15 January 2010

Day 15 - Mile 11


Anybody that loves to swim will tell you that the first dive is the best! Diving into the pool at the Aquatics Centre tonight made me smile. The first few strokes allow you to breathe, with satisfaction, and an overwhelming sense of calm, and then you swim!

Mandi and I, often swim on Friday nights after work, as her daughter Louis dives with her squad several times a week. Ellie, Mandi's other daughter comes swimming with us too, but she thinks we are crazy for swimming so much. What's more, she could beat both of us at a race!

Today, after having not swam for almost a month (I can't believe that it has been so long), I managed a mile in just under 40mins. Not bad considering, and about the time I had hoped for. We were lucky tonight as the pool was set out for 50m swimming, so you get into a good stride, but after we had finished I was knackered!

To see more pictures see Day 15

and http://www.nephroid.com/~iona/ to donate to the charities that I am embarking on this endurance for.

Many thanks for reading and please keep in touch!

Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment