Sunday 24 January 2010

Day 24 Part Two - Miles 16-18


It is amazing how many different accents and languages you hear whilst walking down the South Bank. Rowena and Lorrie had suggested that a South Bank walk would be nice and take in quite a few sights.

Rowena and I set off on the tube to Tower Hill, emerging from the underground to the impressive Tower of London. Crossing Tower Bridge, with the hundreds of other people, the sun was setting and the sky was beautiful with a red tinge.

We set off along the path that follows the river that is lined with fairy lights, towards London Bridge, with Westminster as our final destination. We passed The Globe (which I want to go to), The Tate Modern (which I have been to, but always want to go to), St Paul's, The National Theatre (also want to go), British Film Institute, The London Eye, and finally the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.

This in total took us 3 miles down the river. I have decided that London at night is a lovely sight Day 24 and would recommend this walk to anyone who is visiting the city.

Now we are home and waiting for the jacket potatoes to cook... yum!

Please email me while I am away,
Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

http://www.nephroid.com/~iona/ to donate to the charities that I am embarking on this endurance for.

No comments:

Post a Comment