Monday 26 July 2010

Day 206 - Mile 198

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Sunday was my birthday, and after a very lovely party at the Craven Arms in Appletreewick, we all headed down to the river for a swim. This is one of my favourite spots to swim, because you get a walk in as well as a swim, not sure some of the guests dressed for the walk?!?!?!?

I was very impressed by the amount of my friends brave enough to swim in the river, some converted to river swimming now, and other shrieking about how cold it was. Most people swam for a hour or so, paddling, jumping, diving and using the rope swing to plunge into the depths of the river. We even met another lady who swims on her birthday every year at Appletreewick - birthday twins!

What a lovely way to spend my birthday with lots of friends and family that I love very much!
Thank you all for coming and for being a bit crazy!

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment