Saturday 3 July 2010

Day 182 - Miles 179-182 Caught up!!!

Thursday saw us back in Perth, a bit off kilter as we had changed time zones once more, Deb was back and work and the sun was shining!

I decided to head out to the pool as although I had been in water while I was in NZ, I definitely had not swum anywhere near a mile! The sky was blue, and there wasn't a cloud in sight as I head out for the pool. It is a good walk there so, with rucksack on my back I headed out.

When I arrived at the pool there was only 4 people in and I had the choice of 2 lanes that I could have to myself! If you know me than you will know that a quiet pool fills me with joy, but that is the luxury you have when you are on holiday and the only other people in the pool are retirement age.

Whilst swimming my mile I kept watching 2 of the other people in the pool. They were in the shallow end walking backwards and forth. I presume that they were doing some kind of therapy which the water helps because it holds your weight.

After swimming I got out and had a shower, and saw a girl who was decked out in a swimming Burka - I kid you not, and good on her for persevering and keeping to her believes. I would never have even know that they existed! I know the amazement I had when I found my perscription goggles after years of wondering if I'd end up in the men's changing room, they enabled me to do the exercise I love with ease, and she obviously had the same revelation.

So cossies, shorts, bikini's, wetsuits and burkas we all had a good swim!

I walked home after having a short stop by the lake - beautiful black swans who were a bit too interesting in me, so I had to leave! Embarrassing, yes!

The great thing about walking home though, was the fact that when I left the pool my hair was wet and when I arrived back home it was dry! Hurrah!

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment