Sunday 4 July 2010

Day 184 - Mile 187

La Weekend!

It's the weekend as we are spending time as a 'family'! Todd and Deb took me to play on the beach at Cottesloe. I did pack my swimming cossie, being a typical pom I decided that the weather was much nicer than it actually was. I think I probably would have gone in for a swim if there hadn't of been such a wind in the air. It's not so much the temperature of the water in my books, more the ability to get warm afterwards!

So instead of them laughing at me while I swam, we strolled along the beach, them on the promenade and me in the water paddling. The water wasn't that cold, but still not enticing enough to swim. Todd kept telling me that there had been a shark attack on this beach (maybe this added to my not wanting to swim!?!?!). The beach is separated by a break wall (not sure of the correct term?) so one side was all calm and serene and the other was wavy. Some surfers were out, but I didn't see many actually catch any waves... maybe it just wasn't wavy enough.

After walking back towards the car we stopped at a lovely Pavilion style restaurant on the sea front for Chai Latte's and Hot Chocolate's to warm us up after being battered by the wind.

A lovely day in the sunshine, made better by being near the water - only 2nd in my book to being in it!

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment