Saturday 3 July 2010

Day 183 - Miles 183-186

Friday morning was depressing as hell! Rain, rain, rain, my washing was wetter than it was when I put it out, I was cold and home alone!

I had arranged to meet Deb for lunch, so after uploading some pictures for the blog and my hols, I showered and the world seemed to change! It was as if the weather knew that I wanted to go out and that all my warm clothes were wet on the washing line!

I headed out to meet Deb in a top and a cardigan, even leaving my jacket at home, where I had earlier thought I was going to have to raid the closet for a fleece!

After a quick bit with Deb, I braved the bus into Perth and to King's Park. It is down in all the books as a "Must-do" if you come to Perth. As I stepped off the bus I could see why - views as far as the eye could see. The park has a high vantage point and Perth and the water lie below.

After a quick coffee and a muffin, I had a quick stroll about and then landed up on a Botanical tour. It was only me and another guy and 2 tour guides! I learnt a few interesting things, but mainly they took us on an interesting route around the park. Taking photos as I went, asking questions and being told facts and history, it was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. I would definitely recommend it to anyone - especially Mum and Dad if they get here on their Grand Tour next year!

Unfortunately the battery of my camera ran out near the end of the walk, but I hope that I a have captured some Australian flora and some of the highlights of the park.

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment