Saturday 1 May 2010

Day 121 - Miles 103-4



One of my bestest friends Rowena is up from London, so we were heading out into the dales today for many reasons.

1) I had an appointment with the Pub to arrange my birthday party
2) Rowena thinks of coming here as her country retreat
3) River swimming has been too long go
4) Helena, Graeme, Calum and Samuel had wanted to join us for a picnic and walk
5) I just LOVE IT!!!!

We headed up to Appletreewick to the Craven Arms pub to meet Mark for menu discussion and to look over the Cruck Barn etc. On the way we had to rescue a lamb that had found it's way out of the field but not back in again. We felt this was necessary as it kept headbutting the gate! Check us out - country rangers!

Helena, Graeme, Calum, and Samuel arrived in time for us to have a walk down to the river and into the woods. The bluebells are out so I had to take some pictures for Mum who loves them! As it was raining a little, we stopped in the woods to have our picnic before moving down river where Rowena and I could have a quick dip in the river, and Calum could play football.

What a lovely, bracing dip we had! Even though the river is quite shallow at this point, there was still quiet a current and I was generally swimming in the same place, unless I really put a sprint on!

Jumping out to the promise of Hot Chocolate and cake, I felt great. I don't know what it is about the river, but it makes your skin so smooth! Quick dry and clothes back on, warming back up on the walk back to the cars, before off to the Buffers Cafe - where they have model railways upstairs. Obviously my favourite part of the day was the river, but Calum's was definitely the sight of hundreds of model trains! Bless him!

To see today's pictures see here!


Hope you have all have a lovely May Day!

Love Iona X
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

p.s. you have no idea how many times I write gogglemail!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment