Monday 17 May 2010

Day 136 - Miles 116-119


Well, after a busy week and weekend at work, I needed to get out and get a bit of exercise and fresh air. As I had a migraine most of the day a jog was out of teh question, so a walk it was. The sun was still shining when I left work on Sunday, so I roped Trina into coming for a walk and a pub dinner.

I had planned the walk to Armscliffe Cragg a couple of weeks ago, to do with friends who needed a pushchair friendly walk, but it never happened, so it was nice to do the walk finally.

We parked in Huby and walked up the hill towards the Cragg, making the most of the fact we were in the countryside and enjoying the sun (and wind!). When we arrived at the Cragg there were still lots of climbers clinging to the rocks, even in the wind.

We had a little climb to the top - what a view! - you can see a 360 panorama of the best Yorkshire has to offer from there! It was wonderful! Definitely blew away the cobwebs.

On the way back down to the road, we made friends with some cows..... lots of pictures here.

What a great way to finish off a really good weekend!

Oh and I tried out my new camera bag - it was perfect, thanks Juli, Nick and Rowena!


Love Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment