Tuesday 18 May 2010

Day 138 - Miles 120-21


After another busy couple of days at work, I had arranged to jog at with Helena on tonight. The sun was shining as I left work, and I felt great!

I say that I had arranged a jog "with Helena", however we just jog "at the same time". Tonight she wanted to do a 3 mile jog and get a quicker time and I wanted to get into the country a bit, not knowing how far it was until I got back.

So as Calum had his bath, we both set off, and I jogged for a long time down Warm Lane (what a nice name). It is all down hill so it was much easier to keep going and get a steady rhythm. I decided to get off the road as soon as their was a foot path and then make my way back to the road when I thought I needed to head home.

I ran though a lovely 'dingly dell' full of bluebells and wild garlic... all the smells and the rich smell of earth was lovely on this.... dare I say it.... summer's evening. There was a few bikers out in the wood, tearing about, so I had to keep running to keep out of their way.

Soon I arrived at the other side on the wood, after winding my way through the trees, and hit the bottom of the road I had taken earlier. Great to know I was back on the right track, but I knew that it was all up hill! I have to say that there was considerably more walking than jogging being done up the hill!

As I arrived at the spot that Helena and I had parted, I could see her finishing off her jog, and we arrived back home at a similar time. Her having down 3 miles, me having done 2. Graeme and Calum were waiting for us with cries of "We'll eat your dinner if you don't come in soon" as we did out stretches. We didn't need much persuading!

Lovely pictures here....

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment