Monday 1 March 2010

Give if you can......

So here I am, after 2 months of miles, the weather is getting better and I am getting fitter. I'm enjoying the planning and getting friends together to enjoy the journey toward the 365 miles.

But..... so far I have only had 2 donations, and they have been from the same person. Our lovely receptionist Joan at work, has vowed to donate a bit each month, which she won't miss, but will give the charities a lot by the end of the year. I am really grateful to her for her support.

So here is a quick reminder of the charities that I am embarking on this endurance challenge for.

Firstly Macmillan, who supported and helped my friend at a time when she really needed it. So we are giving back to them, for helping one of the most wonderful people in the world get back to the happy loving person she always was.

Secondly, to Dexter's Wish. A charity started by friends, in memory of their beautiful son who only lived for month having been born with a very rare genetic disorder called Zellweger Syndrome. They were well supported and aim to give back to Derian House Children’s Hospice in Chorley, St. Mary’s Hospital Special Care Baby Unit in Manchester and families that they feel could benefit from the support that they received.

I hope that you will find it in your heart and your pockets to donate whatever and whenever possible.

Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

2 comments:

  1. I think we're all waiting to see if you're going to do it! But a small encouragement is on its way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iona,
    A little by Paypal now to boost the coffers and more per mile when you have done it. So have signed you up for our morning walks when you visit Menorca. Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete