Sunday 28 March 2010

Day 86 - Miles 47-49




Visiting 'my long time friend' Chris in Manchester, we had a impromptu walk. I didn't take my camera so Chris had has to email me the photos from his camera which he kindly lent to me for the afternoon.

We were heading into Manchester City centre to meet his girlfriend after she work and to go out for some dinner.

It was such a beautiful afternoon, that we decided to head around the park for a quick jaunt before heading into town. They have moved into a flat just opposite the park and their bedroom looks out over such a lovely view. It was a good job we did, as it was deceptively cold, and this gave Chris a chance to grab a coat before the other miles. It was sunny, but the wind was bitterly cold, and the night was only going to get colder.

So through the streets, across parks and into Manchester we went. It was really good to catch up with Chris and see some parts of Manchester I had never seen before. I was wondering if the Shine Walk that I am doing in 3 weeks would take any of the same route. We passed the Universities and the Aquatics centre which was built for the Commonwealth Games, which drew me as you cam imagine. Unfortunately, like most pools, you can't see in from the outside - a visit will have to be in order soon!

Meeting up with Alexia, walking to various restaurants, and then to the bus on the way home, we probably weren't short of 4 miles, but I can definitely say we conquered 3!

Photos to be uploaded tomorrow, after work...... click here

Love Iona x
www.365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment