Friday 19 March 2010

Day 78 - Mile 43

So, after one day of feeling totally well and a bit euphoric because of that, I have discovered that I have an ear infection. It makes my neck hurt and I feel completely weird if I bend over to pick anything up. But I was determined to swim as spring has sprung, and I needed to get back in the water.

Tonight was not the best night to find out that I have lost my ear plugs - which I religiously wear when I swim since my last ear infection. Where I lost them...... who knows, but I suppose that it part of them being lost isn't it. To the shops I shall have to go before my next plunge!

Mandi was swimming later tonight as there is only "dry" training for the divers at the moment. Their fancy pool is broken, so they have to do what they can. I headed off from work, singing and dancing to Radio 2's All Request Friday, all the lights were green, no traffic (on a Friday?!!? weird) and I got to the pool in record time.

Needless to say, this meant that there was a 'different' set of swimmers in the pool. More 'dry' hair swimmers than I like and more slow people in the way. Oh well, you just have to get on with it. I didn't realise how much Mandi and I push each other to go faster, until I realised that I was happily bobbing along with the crowd! Eek....... I made a mad dash for it and stepped up my game, hearing Mandi in my head saying "Why bother coming if you aren't going to push yourself!".

It was soon time to get out and the last 4 lengths were a pleasure as the pool was emptying. I must remember this the next time I decide to swim early.

Home now, and it definitely feels more like the summer is on it's way!
Odd photos here!

Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment