Wednesday 24 February 2010

Day 55 Part Two - Mile 35


When I double booked to go swimming and have dinner, I pondered which one to do....... but why should I give up either - so I spoke to my lovely friends and asked if dinner could be a bit later, and managed to squeeze in both! Hurrah!

Mandi and I haven't swam for a few weeks. It's much lighter in the evening, it must be getting towards spring now - even though there is still snow on the ground!

We met up and took some more photos with my new camera. The pictures are turning out ok as long as the light quality is good, can't wait to try it in the river!

So we swam our mile, with the divers in their pool, aqua aerobics (to ABBA!) to one side and the elite young swimmers to the other. I couldn't help feel how weird it was, so many diverse activities happening in one space, but no one getting in each others way, like in other pools. This is the joy of swimming at the John Charles Aquatics Centre. It is designed well and it works!

After a shower and very quick change, I was dashing across town for dinner with the boys. Nat and Chris had come up trumps again, and made delicious roast beef and veggies, yummy!

Home now and have sorted the photos - see Day 55.

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment