Wednesday 17 February 2010

Day 47 - Mile 32


Shrove Tuesday was a great day to start jogging training - at least I had the promise of pancakes to get home for!

Helena and I are going to run the Race for Life in May so jogging training had to start soon. If you know me, you'll know that I am not built for running - I could swim forever, but jogging is a whole other story!

We started out jogging one lamp post, walking on lamp post, until half way round and Helena sped off into the distance. I know what it is like trying to slow your speed down for someone when you just want to crack on! We were just running round the block near her house in Rawdon, so it was fairly safe.

What can I say - I nearly died, but I made it, and have already planned to jog again at the weekend and with Helena again next week. I may even progress to running two lamp posts, walking one lamp post, so it can't have been that bad. I would love to be able to go out for a jog in the morning or evening when the weather gets better, and apparently it is addictive, so........... I'll let you know!

Home for tea and pancakes - yummy!

Hope you all had lots of pancakes and a great evening,

Love Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment