Friday 12 February 2010

Day 43 - Mile 29




No sooner had I arrived, after my journey over the Pennines, I was whisked out the door before we got settled. So it was "hello" and "goodbye" to Jen, as Corin and I headed off for the pool.

I was hoping that the walk to and from the pool may count towards my miles, however it really isn't that far, and cheating is not allowed!

We arrived at the pool with just enough time to swim a mile before it shut. Corin got in before me, as I was checking how long the pool was to determine how many lengths we would need to do. Corin decided that this was avoidance tactics, however I wasn't convinced it was a 25m pool and wanted to be sure!

Corin is a faster swimmer than me. It's just a fact of life. With his flipper feet and paddle hands he makes front crawl look so easy.... however he is rubbish at breaststroke so we actually swim about the same speed.

We got out just before closing, with only the "dry hair" swimmers still in the pool, and by the time we had showered the life guards were tucking in the pool for the night. I managed to get some great shots, see Day 43.

After a quick walk home, admiring someone's Christmas lights (late, or early?), we were rewarded by Corin and Jen's home made curry - Yum!

Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment