Sunday 28 November 2010

Day 332 - Miles 315-6


Hurrah for Ollie and Sarah! After a lovely day with them, their families and friends yesterday it was bliss to go out and explore Derby this morning. I was wandering the streets, admiring the architecture by 10 am.

The hotel that the wedding reception was held in is really close to the Cathedral in Derby so as I meandered through the streets and alleyways, the Cathedral bells played out a lovely relaxing tune to walk to. Yet another crisp and snow morning, I had to be wrapped up and booted to make sure that I didn't freeze on this glorious Sunday!

There are an amazing array of building in Derby. It seem that they have just been organically fitting into each other, different architectural styles and times. A really lovely place that I am sure I'll have to come back to to explore some more. What struck me more than anything was the sheer randomness of the shops... for example Laura Ashley is next to a charity shop and then Primark! A great hotch potch of shops!

Mainly building pictures here...

Love Iona x

365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment