Friday 2 April 2010

Day 92 - Miles 56-57


After a horrible start to the week, I have tonsillitis! I have now arrived in a very sunny Menorca for a bit of relaxing and to get some miles in - hurrah!

Mum, Dad and I set off for an afternoon stroll, as I still feel a bit rough, and mum was tempting me to go for a swim! Meany! I have decided that I need at least another day of recovery before immersing myself in water.

Up the hill, round down to the sea, along to the beach and back up home we went. It's amazing the weird, wonderful, beautiful and bizarre things that you see in Menorca. Well I think so, but mum and dad just say "Well it's just what it's like in Menorca". Boats for sale, deck chairs in trees??? wild leeks and wild garlic to name a few.

It was lovely to get to the sea, and to my delight, there was someone training in the sea with a wetsuit on. Proper training, not just splashing about. I was so jealous I can not tell you! It was a good photo opportunity even if I couldn't jump in too!

As we climbed the many steps, up through the houses, you get a good view back down over the sea. We were lucky that you could see the sea from most of our walk. Spotting home through the trees and houses was a welcome sight as none of us had taken any water out with us!

Hope you are all having a very Good Friday.... photos when I get back to the UK.... there will be lots! x
Click here
Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment