Wednesday 21 April 2010

Day 111 - Mile 85


So, I am home after cat sitting.

Nat has managed to get a flight home - only 5 days later than he had originally intended, so after work I came straight home. It was very weird to be home and settled by 6pm! I'd even eaten something for dinner!

It was such a lovely day today at work, the sun has been streaming through our office windows, that I decided that a swim tonight would be good. I text Trina before leaving and she was up for it too.... a nice relaxing swim on a Wednesday evening.

I love Bramley Baths - it is the last open survivor of eight pools built by Leeds City Council from 1899-1900. The towering chimney is a local landmark, and the Victorian features within always make me smile. So many people will have swum here over the years, it is a pleasure and an honour to be able to swim here.

I haven't swum for ages, so it was a "take it easy" swim. We entered Bramley Baths as the Adult's only session was starting. As the kids disappeared, we got into the pool. I was the fastest person in the pool, even at my decided leisurely pace, but it was ok as I just wanted to get in the water and swim.

As the minutes, and lengths passed, the night drew in above us through the sky lights and the stained glass windows at each end of the pool. There are so many features that I would like to photograph here..... hummm I may just have to see if I can sneak in sometime to photograph some of the amazing detail.

I did managed to take a few pictures though here,

Love Iona x



2 comments:

  1. Reading as you write on your blog, I believe that you could be an excellent writer.

    Pedro L. Villalonga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only that, your way of writing, it is fresh, concise and easy to understand.

    me another time.

    ReplyDelete