Sunday 24 October 2010

Day 297 - Miles 280-282


The best Sunday's start with freshly brewed coffee, and today was no exception. Coffee and a good book for a couple of hours before gatecrashing a walk with Trina, her sister and her friends.

Meeting at Otley Chevin was a bit chaotic today as it was very busy. I think the whole of Yorkshire had the same idea to get the family out for a walk! The autumn days are slowly turning the forest but I think it's going to be a good couple of weeks before it is at it's autumnal best!

Dogs, children, an the adults all seemed well equipped for the muddy Sunday stroll. We went on a route that I have never been on before and it was nice to see parts of the Chevin that I had never seen before. We hit 3 miles today where my normal walk up there is about 2. More sculptures to be seen, and strange familiarity as we criss crossed the route that I normally take.
See the pictures here...

After lots of ups and downs we finally reached the car park for good byes, and Trina and I hit the Cheerful Chilli for tea and scones! Hurrah - a lovely little restaurant, which was absolutely crammed with people today - the poor staff were rushed off their feet.

Lovely day, with unexpected company! What a lovely Sunday!

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment