Sunday 3 October 2010

Day 276 - Miles 262-263


After getting completely soaked in Manchester going to a Vintage Fair at the Old Victoria Baths with Jen, Aniq and Mae, I arrived home and the sun was shining!

Quick phone call and 10 mins after arriving home, Trina, Katy and I were off on a walk in our wellies to make the most of the last hours of sunshine. I was very excited about having my wellies on - warm, dry feet, after spend most of the day with wet feet after wearing my canvas boots this weekend! And the ability to splash in mud and puddles without having to worry!

We headed out to West Wood where I had gone with Nat and Chris walking the dog a few weeks ago. I wanted to have more of an explore and it was definitely worth while. Up through the rocks, under the bridge and then back over the top of the bridge, down a leafy country lane, and along the old road, before heading back to the wood, winding along the paths and reaching the car again.

I decided that it would be a great place to have an adventure/teddy bears picnic in the summer! Thankfully we did the big uphill bit first, and then is was mainly flat and downhill back to the car! Lots of other people also out making the most of the last sunshine of the day after having been stuck in or wet because of the rain!


Hope you have all had as nice a weekend as me,

Love Iona x
365milesin365days@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment